Diversity Committee and Highlights
The St. Thomas’s Day School Diversity Committee is a board level entity comprised of administrators, faculty and parents. They work together to set and enact initiatives to support and propel our community forward.
Goals and Action Items for Diversity Committee
- Establish St. Thomas’s Day School at the forefront of independent schools for which diversity, equity and inclusion are invaluable components of an academic and co-curricular experience, preparing students to navigate a global community.
- Expand the Diversity Initiative with sustainable programs, trainings, professional development opportunities, guest speakers, educational field trips, and other activities to continuously educate all community members.
- Increase diversity by actively seeking new and improved ways to retain, support, and recruit diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
- Speaker Series
- International Food Festival
- Discovering Amistad (grades 5 & 6)
- African American Read-In